There is no denying that COVID-19 hasn’t affected everyone and as the situation continues our highest priorities are to ensure the health and safety of our clients and photographers. Event Photos Australia remains operational where possible under strict Covid restrictions.
Last Updated: 11th November 2020
Table of contents
- Covid Safe Practice
- Queensland Covid Safe Plan
- New South Wales Covid Safe Plan
- Victoria Covid Safe Plan
- South Australia
- Western Australia Covid Safe Plan
- Crowd Density Calculator
- Covid Safe Guidelines from Department of Health
Covid Safe Practice
We’re doing our part to protect clients, staff and our community by cleaning our equipment regularly, following safe hygiene procedures and following risk reduction plans. Photographers are given the option to turn down any work they are not comfortable in covering due to health risks and will continue to work from home.
General Safe Practices
- Meetings will be held over the phone or teleconference such as Skype/Zoom.
- Postpone any photo shoots that are not urgent where possible or limit the number of staff onsite.
- Any photographers that report feeling unwell will self isolate and another photographer will be assigned.
- If a photographer is confirmed to have COVID-19, they will isolate for a minimum of 14 days and any close contacts are to monitor for symptoms and seek medical advice.
- Equipment being used for a shoot is cleaned prior to being used and after.
- Client/s are not to handle any of the photographer’s equipment – including loading in/out.
- Viewing stations are currently not in use and we are using online proofing systems.
- Photographers will no longer be able to assist in taking photos using another person’s camera/phone.
- Photographers will carry hand sanitiser.
- Hand sanitiser will be applied when photographers see fit. ie – after picking up an item.
- If social distancing can not be achieved safely then a face mask will be worn.
- You may request your photographer to wear a face mask.
- Using the CovidSafe App to keep track of movements around the community and be alerted if there have been any close contacts with positive cases.
- Keep records of photographer job movements.
Queensland Covid Safe Plan
Headshots in Brisbane can still continue with social distancing in practice.
29th September 2020
- Events up to 500 people can proceed by following COVID Safe Event Checklist.
- Events with 500 to 10,000 people must develop a COVID Safe Event Plan and submit for approval by the local Public Health Unit.
- Events of more than 10,000 people must develop a COVID Safe Event Plan and submit for approval by the Queensland chief health officer.
Source: Queensland Government
New South Wales Covid Safe Plan
Headshots in Sydney currently available and the four square metre per person rule applies.
- Business events are capped at 300 people and the four square metre per person rule applies.
- The venue must have a COVID Safe plan in place.
Source: NSW Government
Victoria Covid Safe Plan
Outdoor photography and 1 work location is allowed per photographer.
Adelaide Headshots are available and the total number of people at a place must not exceed 1 person per 2 square metres.
Events in Perth are currently available and the 2 square metre rule applies.
Source: Government of South Australia
Western Australia Covid Safe Plan
Perth Headshots are available and the total number of people at a place must not exceed 1 person per 2 square metres.
- Events involving 500 guests require local government authority approval and need an approved COVID Event Plan
Source: WA Government
Crowd Density Calculator
Covid Safe Guidelines from Department of Health
To date, no photographers or clients we have worked with have tested positive for COVID-19. We will continue to monitor and practice work safe practices as presented by Departments of Health in all states.